We AIM TO preserve wealth
and safeguard legacies.
- From financial planning and asset management to comprehensive trust and family wealth management, we customize our independent fiduciary services to our clients, their portfolios, and their ambition. Our professionals are easy to do business with, and they carefully consider and execute financial plans with two goals in mind: provide solutions and retain trust.
“At the end of the day, we don’t have a business unless we have the complete trust of our clients.”
Edson L. [Ted] Bridges III, CFA®
“Our Vision is to be the most trusted wealth management firm in the world.”
Edson L. [Ted] Bridges III, CFA®
The Essential Role of a Corporate Trustee in Estate Planning
In our daily lives, despite continuous efforts to ensure financial security, sometimes it becomes daunting to deal with complex financial matters such as organizing assets, planning for the future, and […]
2023 BERKSHIRE ANNUAL MEETING COMMENTARY
Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting incited an assessment of the company’s present strategy and future potential. Despite a cumulative return of 3,787,464% under Buffett’s tenure as reported in his annual letter […]
A tradition of growth
For decades, high net worth people have relied on us for trust funds, investment management, multigenerational wealth planning and strategic development services to grow their wealth after taxes and across generations. People like you.
- 1945Marvin Bridges starts the first registered investment advisor in Nebraska.
- 1959Edson L. Bridges II joins his dad, Marvin Bridges, in his investment advisory business.
- 1963Bridges Investment Fund becomes the first Nebraska-based general mutual fund.
- 1970Edson L. Bridges II assumes the role as President and CEO of Bridges Investment Counsel.
- 1982Edson L. (Ted) Bridges III joins Bridges Investment Counsel.
- 1992Provident Trust, which was to become Bridges Trust, chartered.
- 1994Bridges Investment Management is incorporated.
- 1999Bridges Investment Management Inc. registers as an Investment Adviser with the SEC.
- 2015Bridges Investment Management logo and brand are refreshed
- 2016Bridges Investment Management’s services surpass $1 billion in assets under management.
- 2017Provident Trust Company becomes Bridges Trust.
- 2017Bridges Trust partners with McCarthy Capital.
- 2017Bridges Investment Management manages more than $1.7 billion in assets under management.
- 2017Edson L. Bridges II is inducted into the Omaha Business Hall of Fame.
- 2017Bridges Investment Counsel clients transition to Bridges Investment Management Inc.
- 2017Bridges Holding Company established with ownership of Bridges Trust Company and Bridges Investment Management.
- 2018Bridges Trust team expands and moves into its new location at One Pacific Place.
- 2018Bridges Trust acquires Westwood Trust of Omaha.
- 2019Bridges Investment Management achieves more than $5 billion in assets under management.
- 2019Bridges Trust adds capabilities for Family Office Services and Philanthropic Advisory Services for our clients.
- 2019Bridges Trust Company of South Dakota is chartered in South Dakota.
- 2020Bridges Trust Company of South Dakota opens the South Dakota office and accesses the benefits of South Dakota trust powers.
- 2020Bridges Trust moves to new location off 134th Street and Dodge.